Holding an Event at SUNY Schenectady
Would you like to hold an event at SUNY Schenectady? Located at Exit 4C of I-890, the College’s main campus is easily accessed from all points east, west, north or south. Our main campus boasts beautiful old world banquet facilities, and our classrooms are equipped with state of the art technology.
SUNY Schenectady County Community College Office of Campus Events is able to assist you with your event, performance, conference, career fair, training, or workshop. Staff will coordinate the logistics for your event at a suitable location on the main college campus or at one of our remote sites. To get started, please contact email@example.com for an Event Request Form. Learn more about our available facilities and rental fees. For additional questions about facilities use, please read our Facilities Use Policy.
COVID-19 Safety Guidance for SUNY Schenectady Campus Gatherings
Safety Guidelines for gatherings at SUNY Schenectady are informed by the Centers for Disease Control current considerations and SUNY Schenectady’s Fall 2021 Back to Campus Plan.
Large gatherings bring together many people from multiple households in a private or public space. SUNY Schenectady defines large gatherings as planned events with more than 50 individuals.
Small gatherings are informal in nature and may occur with colleagues whom you regularly socialize. SUNY Schenectady defines small gatherings as groups of 50 or fewer individuals.
Event organizers will continue to assess, based on current conditions, whether to postpone or cancel large or small events and gatherings, significantly reduce the number of attendees, or hold virtual gatherings on a case-by-case basis when event requests are made.
Campus Event Guidelines
Per SUNY Schenectady’s Fall 2021 Back to Campus Plan:
- Seating in campus common areas will adhere to 75% capacity, with seating adjusted or signed to ensure social distancing.
- Masks must be worn in all areas of campus regardless of a person’s vaccination status. Face coverings will be provided at all campus points of entry to all individuals needing one. Hand sanitizing stations will be located at all points of entry/exit and in convenient locations around the campus for student, staff and visitor use.
- Any requests for use of space will adhere to all current SUNY guidelines and/or policies. SUNY Schenectady will follow the current guidelines on capacity limits and any required procedures including securing identifying information from attendees of any events.
- External communications to campus visitors will include:
- The College website will list announcements, plans and update protocols and guidelines.
- Poster signage at entrances where all who enter must perform self-health screening.