Leave a Legacy - Transforming Lives for Generations to Come
A legacy gift to SUNY Schenectady County Community College transforms the lives of students today and in future generations in realizing their dreams of a high quality college education.
A key to student success depends on the generosity of alumni and friends who include the College in their estate plans. The Keystone Society recognizes and honors donors who believe passionately in our educational mission and the dreams of our students to make the world a better place.
You can make a Legacy Gift:
- With a bequest through your will.
Sample Bequest language: “I give, and bequeath (xx% of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate) or ($xxxx) to the SUNY Schenectady Community College Foundation, Inc., 78 Washington Avenue Schenectady, NY 12305.”
- Naming SUNY Schenectady County Community College Foundation, Inc., as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, an IRA, retirement plan or a bank account.
- Naming SUNY Schenectady County Community College Foundation, Inc., as an income beneficiary of a trust.
- Securing a life income by establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Real estate or other tangible property gifts.
Many of our alumni and friends have established lasting friendships with faculty and staff. They fondly recall instances of guidance and support and in gratitude, they are dedicated to making a difference for future generations of students through a legacy gift.
Keystone Society members enjoy
- Invitations to special events with the President and others
- Special recognition in publications (with permission)
- Conversations with Foundation staff on how best to use their future gifts
Become a Society Member
It’s easy to become a member. If you have included SUNY Schenectady Foundation, Inc., in your will or estate plans please let us know so we can include you as a member. Please speak with your financial advisor/tax professional about any estate plans.
For more information about the Keystone Society and legacy giving please call the Foundation Office at 518-381-1324. Thank you.