Already Accepted? New Student Info
Congratulations and Welcome!
Now what? There are several things to do to make your transition to SUNY Schenectady as smooth as possible. Please follow the steps below.
- Apply for Financial Aid as soon as possible.
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online.
If you are a New York state resident, apply for TAP (Tuition Assistance Program). After submitting the FAFSA on the web, a New York state resident is able to immediately link to the TAP application from the FAFSA confirmation page, which is pre-filled with their FAFSA data.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to plan your class schedule. You are required to meet with your Academic Advisor before registering.
- Register for classes (after meeting with your Academic Advisor). This can be done
on the computer located at the Registrar's Office, Elston Hall, Room 212 or via the
"Records and Registration" button, located on the sunysccc.edu homepage.
- Turn in your Immunization records to the Office of Student Affairs, Elston Hall, Room 222. If you do not submit your records (or waiver), you will be withdrawn from your classes
and prohibited from attending.
- Turn in your Certificate of Residence to the Student Business Office, Elston Hall, Room 219.
- Pay the balance of your tuition and fees. This may be done in person at the Student
Business Office, Elston Hall, Room 219, online, or via a payment plan. If your tuition and fees are completely covered by financial aid, the Student Business
Office will use your financial aid to pay your bill, and you will be mailed a receipt
as confirmation. If you do not pay your bill by the deadline, the College will assume you are not
attending and you will be dropped from your classes.
- Confirm attendance and accept your classes.
Go to "Records and Registration," log in, then click on "Confirm Attendance and Accept Classes."
- If you choose, register with
ADA Transition Services, Elston Hall, Room 222
TRIO, Elston Hall, Room 328
Education Opportunity Program (EOP), Begley Learning Commons, Room 104
- Attend Orientation.
The week before classes are set to begin:
- Get your SUNY Schenectady ID card. This can be done at the College Store, Elston Hall. Please bring your current course schedule and driver's licence or government issued photo ID.
- Get your parking pass. Fill out the parking application form, and take it, along with your SUNY Schenectady ID, to the security desk at the main entrance of Elston Hall.
- Get your textbooks at the College Store, Elston Hall, Room 109. Bring your course schedule and your SUNY Schenectady ID.
- Follow SUNY Schenectady on Facebook and Twitter
Stockade, Room 120
518-381-1366 | E-mail Admissions
Elston Hall, Room 222
518-381-1468 | E-mail Financial Aid
Student Business Office
Elston Hall, Room 219
518-381-1346 | E-mail Student Business Office
Elston Hall, Room 222
518-381-1277 | E-mail Academic Advising
Elston Hall, Room 427
518-381-1293 | E-mail Testing Center
Elston Hall, Room 223
518-381-1344 | E-mail Student Life