Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

Transfer Services

The most successful Transfer Plans are those that are completed early.

Student talking to a business person at an on-campus career fair.After graduating from SUNY Schenectady, many students decide to continue their education at a 4 year college or university to obtain a Bachelor’s (B.A., B.S., or B.T.) degree. This may seem very daunting but in reality, it can be quite straight forward. Remember that your first 2 years at SUNY Schenectady are usually the same as what you would have been taking in your first 2 years at any college. Therefore you should expect to go to a senior college as a Junior or third-year student. In most cases a B.A. or B.S. = A.A. or A.S. + 2 more years of study at a senior college.

SUNY Schenectady offers transfer assistance to help you choose the senior college that is right for you. Whether your sights are set on a college across the country or right here in the Capital District, we can help you make the transition a smooth one. Here are links to assist you in your transfer plans...begin to use these links in your 1st or 2nd semester.

Meet with a Transfer Advisor

Visit the Academic Advisement Center in Elston Hall, Room 222 to speak with an Academic Advisor.

Research Transfer Colleges and Universities

Meet with College and University Representatives at Transfer Events such as:

  • Advisor in Residence
  • College and University Information Tables
  • Transfer College Fairs