Check back in August to see our Fall 2022 concerts.
YouTube Concerts Featuring Students and Alumni
SUNY Schenectady Brass Ensemble
SUNY Schenectady Wind Ensemble
Music of the Masters
The Class of 2021
American Currents in Song
Niamh Schmid, Piano
School of Music Protocols
- The School of Music recruits three to four student ushers for each concert/event. Ushers are instructed in all protocols like masking and socially distanced seating in the auditorium and then remind and assist audience members as they get seated. Ushers are also provided a clicker to keep track of attendance and close the doors if a 240 capacity is reached.
- All non-student performers must provide evidence of vaccination to the Dean of the School of Music or his designee; the Dean then emails files to Human Resources. Non-vaccinated performers are not invited to participate in campus performances.
- All doors are opened before and after the event to promote optimal ventilation; this includes the outside door for the stage loading dock.
- Extracurricular activities including student performances: Attendance capped at a 240-seating capacity.
- Social distancing signage is posted in the auditorium to instruct audience members to leave at least 6' between other audience members with whom they are not already in a "bubble," this is a pod concept that allows families to sit together but not strangers.
- Workshops will limit capacity to 120 participants in the auditorium to allow for participatory activities; this is purposely smaller than performances since participants will not just be seated for the entirety of the event.