Accessing My SCCC Portal
Using the My SCCC Portal
Go directly to mysccc.sunysccc.edu OR through the SUNY Schenectady website (sunysccc.edu) and click on My SCCC in the top right corner. Sign on with your new username and password.
As soon as you are signed on to My SCCC, you can access your email and MS Office on Microsoft 365, your courses in Blackboard, and the Banner system as well.
First time you log in to the My SCCC portal you will need to setup your answers to the security questions:
- Enter answers to all security questions by using at least 4 characters for each (these answers are NOT case-sensitive)
- Click on the “Save” button at the left bottom of the page
- You do not have to change the password during the initial steps unless you want to (you can do this later as well); if you do please make sure you choose a secure password that you can remember
- Click on “Take me to My SCCC” button at the right bottom of the page to finalize the process and go to the portal homepage
- You can reset your password only after you have filled in the answers to the security questions and logged in the portal at least once. You will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming you have reset your password.
Please note that IT at SUNY Schenectady County Community College will never ask you by e-mail to reset your passwords so please ignore and delete such spam/fishing messages and do not click on any links they may contain.
Once you change the password on the portal, the new password can be used – within five minutes – to login to these IT related-services: e-mail, Blackboard, desktop, and wireless network; do note that this password change in the portal will NOT reset the Banner Self-Service PIN nor will it reset the Banner security question.
To learn more about this tool’s functionality, you can check this tutorial.
When you are finished, exit and close all your browser windows to protect your privacy.
If you continue to have issue or questions regarding these changes, please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk via phone at 518-381-1487 option 5 (external calls), X1111 (internal calls) or via e-mail at email@example.com.
*If you get locked-out after three unsuccessful log-in attempts please contact the Help Desk for assistance via phone at 518-381-1487 option 5 (external calls), X1111 (internal calls) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.