Mathematics and Science A.S.
Meet Nkeiru Ubadike '19, Mathematics/Science
The Mathematics and Science A.S. transfer program prepares graduates to transfer to baccalaureate programs in mathematics, one of the physical sciences, engineering, or related disciplines by providing students with a solid foundation in both mathematics and science.
The Mathematics and Science degree also offers a concentration in Nanoscale Science.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate logical and critical reasoning skills.
- Apply inductive or deductive reasoning to solve problems
- Analyze phenomena using appropriate mathematical models
- Formulate, analyze and evaluate hypotheses
Goal II: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental mathematical and scientific principles.
- Use scientific principles to explain phenomena
- Use mathematical principles to devise and prove solutions to practical and theoretical problems
- Extrapolate mathematical or scientific principles for the solution of problems
- Identify how history and culture have influenced mathematical and scientific advances
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications.
- Organize and maintain clear, concise and accurate laboratory reports and notebooks
- Select and use appropriate mathematical or scientific language in oral and written communications with appropriate citations
- Apply ethical principles and professional standards to guide mathematical or scientific communications