Mathematics and Science A.S.
Meet Nkeiru Ubadike '19, Mathematics/Science
Spring 2023: Nkeiru is now interning in Vienna, Austria, at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Headquarters. Read more about her internship.
The Mathematics and Science A.S. transfer program prepares graduates to transfer to baccalaureate programs in mathematics, one of the physical sciences, engineering, or related disciplines by providing students with a solid foundation in both mathematics and science.
The Mathematics and Science degree also offers a concentration in Nanoscale Science.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate logical and critical reasoning skills.
- Apply inductive or deductive reasoning to solve problems
- Analyze phenomena using appropriate mathematical models
- Formulate, analyze and evaluate hypotheses
Goal II: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental mathematical and scientific principles.
- Use scientific principles to explain phenomena
- Use mathematical principles to devise and prove solutions to practical and theoretical problems
- Extrapolate mathematical or scientific principles for the solution of problems
- Identify how history and culture have influenced mathematical and scientific advances
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications.
- Organize and maintain clear, concise and accurate laboratory reports and notebooks
- Select and use appropriate mathematical or scientific language in oral and written communications with appropriate citations
- Apply ethical principles and professional standards to guide mathematical or scientific communications