Computer Science A.S.
The mission of the Computer Science A.S. program is to provide a rigorous and comprehensive foundation in computer science as well as a solid liberal arts curriculum, in accordance with the principles of the SUNY Schenectady County Community College’s mission. The computer science curriculum is designed primarily for the student who anticipates transfer to a four-year institution to complete a baccalaureate in computer science or software engineering.
This program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Program effectively in an object-oriented language
- Perform a software requirements analysis
- Design a solution employing effective programming techniques
- Implement and test software
Goal II: Demonstrate effective teamwork skills
- Employ teamwork skills to solve a programming problem
- Demonstrate the capacity to interact and collaborate with others effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to make a significant contribution to a software development team
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills
- Develop a written analysis of a computer-based problem
- Demonstrate a finished software project
See the degree requirements and suggested course sequence.Degree Plan