Craft Spirit Distillation A.A.S.
The Craft Spirit Distillation A.A.S. Program prepares students for direct employment in the craft beverage industry. Students gain theoretical and hands-on experience related to craft spirit distillation, qualifying them to assume a variety of roles in the craft beverage profession.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Develop competencies required in the craft beverage industry.
- Apply common terminology used in the industry
- Apply the steps/processes of each area of a beverage production facility including manufacturing, warehousing, marketing and sales
- Demonstrate ability to utilize industry processes and equipment for production
- Demonstrate the understanding of historical and emerging industry trends
Goal II: Utilize technology to develop effective communication and professional presentation skills.
- Develop effective written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to operate beverage production related technology
- Identify various sales and marketing plans utilized in the beverage industry
Goal III: Explore options for further education and/or employment.
- Identify various continuing education opportunities
- Research career opportunities through an internship
- Create personal and professional goals and link to career opportunities
See the degree requirements and suggested course sequence.Degree Plan