The Pomodoro Technique
This time management system was developed by Francesco Cirillo who used a tomato shaped kitchen timer to break up his work into intervals paired with intentional breaks. The timer instills a sense of urgency and forced breaks cure that burnt out feeling!
How it Works
- Pick a task
- Set a 25 minute timer
- Work until the timer is up
- Take a 5 minute break
- Reset the timer and repeat until your task is complete
Try this technique if you...
- Find distractions derail your productivity
- Work until you're burnt out
- Have many tasks that could take an unlimited amount of time
Pomodoro = 25 minutes of focused work separated by 5 minute breaks.
Every 4 pomodoros, take a 15-30 minute break.