Scholarships Through the Foundation
The SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program
Important Information About 2020-2021 Scholarships
As part of our commitment to student access and success, the SUNY Schenectady Foundation offers scholarships to students currently or soon to be enrolled at SUNY Schenectady. Scholarships are available to prospective and current students, awarded based on an online application and essay.
The scholarship application is available online at AwardSpring.
The application period for the 2020-2021 academic year opened on January 27, 2020 and has been extended to July 1, 2020. New students must be enrolled at SUNY Schenectady for Fall 2020 and use their SUNY Schenectady email address to apply for scholarships. This information will be provided to you upon acceptance.
Returning students: The application period for the 2020-2021 academic year opened on January 27, 2020 and closed on May 1, 2020.
- All scholarship applicants must have completed the 2020-2021 FAFSA at their time of application. More information can be found by visiting the website of our Office of Financial Aid.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to qualify for most scholarships.
- All scholarship applicants must be registered for the Fall 2020 semester to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- All scholarship recipients must submit a letter of appreciation to their scholarship donors to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
Tips For Your Essay
In your scholarship application, you will write an essay response to allow the review committee to get to know you. If you thoroughly address the points below, you will have the best chance at earning a scholarship.
- What has your journey to SUNY Schenectady been like?
- Did you come here straight from high school, or are you returning to education after a time of absence?
- Have you faced/overcome any obstacles to pursue your education here?
- Have you faced any financial obstacles?
- Describe your goals as a student at SUNY Schenectady.
- How do you plan to use your degree?
- How will a scholarship help you reach those goals?
A thorough essay response will typically be about 500 words. Depending on your answers, you may write more or less than that. If you have any questions, please contact Evelyn Maclutsky at email@example.com or 518-381-1355.
“Thank you for your generosity, which has allowed me to continue to pursue my education in the field of Human Services. Your scholarship will allow me to continue to help make a difference in the lives of others, especially in my community.”