Winter Session at SUNY Schenectady
Earn three credits in three weeks online this winter at SUNY Schenectady. At $192 a credit (NY state residents), SUNY Schenectady is an affordable choice. Stay on track to graduate or get ahead this winter. Visiting students home on vacation welcome! Take a course over the holidays and transfer the credits back to your current college.
Winter Session runs December 28, 2020 - January 15, 2021.
- Select the course you would like to register for.
To find Winter classes, on the first screen under "Search by Term" select Spring 2021. Hit "Submit" button.
On the second screen, in the "Part of Term" menu, select Winter. Hit "Class Search" button.
- Download and complete the Registration Form (PDF)
- E-mail the Registrar your completed Registration Form
- The last day to order books online for Winter Session through The College Store is December 23, and the last day to pick up in store is December 24 by 2 p.m.
Additional important Winter Session date:
- Last day to add a course: Monday, December 28
- Last day to drop a course ONLINE with no financial liability: Sunday, December 27 (by 11:59 p.m.). All in-person drops must be made by Thursday, December 24 at 3 p.m.
- Drop a course with 75% tuition liability: Monday, December 28 - Tuesday, December 29
- Withdraw with 75% tuition liability: Wednesday, December 30 – Monday, January 4
- Last day to withdraw: Monday, January 11 (full tuition liability starting on January 5)
Visiting students looking to transfer credits to their own school:
General registration begins November 2. Please stop by the Registrar's Office in Elston Hall, 212 to get started. If you can't make it to campus, call 518-381-1348 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the Registrar's Office will work with you to get registered.
Important info for visiting students:
- Certificate of Residence
- Transcript Information - if you are a visiting student from another college and would like to transfer your SUNY Schenectady credit, you will need to request an official transcript be sent at the completion of the winter session. Always check with your home institution for transferability of the course(s) you are taking.
- Tuition and Fees
Current SUNY Schenectady students
Registration for current SUNY Schenectady students begins October 13 for President's List, Dean's List, and Veteran Students, and October 14 for all other continuing students.
- Enrolled in a degree or certificate program:
- You will need to meet with your advisor to get your PIN number.
- Not enrolled in a program:
- If you have taken a class at SUNY Schenectady at any time in the past year, you may register online; you do not need a PIN.