Panna Cotta with Balsamic Strawberries
10 g unflavored gelatin powder
42 g cold water
680 g heavy cream, divided
226 g plain whole-milk yogurt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
150 g sugar
454 g sliced fresh strawberries
42 g balsamic vinegar
30 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together 340g of the cream, the yogurt, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds.
- Heat the remaining 340g of cream and the 150g of sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Off the heat, add the softened gelatin to the hot cream and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the hot cream-gelatin mixture into the cold cream-yogurt mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour 4 oz. into bouillon cups and refrigerate uncovered until cold.
- When the panna cottas are thoroughly chilled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, and pepper. Let rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- To serve, run a small knife around each cup and dip the bottoms in a bowl of hot tap water. Invert each cup onto a dessert plate and surround the panna cotta with strawberries and biscotti. Dust lightly with freshly grated lemon zest and serve.