Puff pastry dough; as needed
Sugar; as needed
- Dust the work surface heavily with sugar.
- Roll the puff pastry dough on top of the sugar and roll into a strip about 12 inches wide and 1/8th inch thick.
- Trim to create edges
- Determine the center of the strip. Fold each side halfway to the center, then fold each side again so they meet in the middle. Fold on top of each other.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into slices ½ inch thick and place on a parchment lined sheet pan leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown. Turn the cookies over and bake the second side until well colored. Transfer to a rack to cool.