Manchego Cheese Croquettes
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- Salted water as needed
- 1 T unsalted, melted butter
- 1/4 c heated heavy cream
- 1 c grated Manchego cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 eggs
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1-2 c Panko
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and run through ricer. Blend in butter, cream, , 1/4 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs; blend into potato mixture. Set aside and let cool. Form into 8 to 10 3 to 4 oz. ovals. Divide remaining Manchego cheese into 8 to 10 portions and stuff into center of ovals to form croquettes.
- Whisk remaining 3 eggs in a bowl. In separate bowls, place flour and panko. Bread each croquette: dip first in flour, then in egg and then in panko.
- Pan fry croquettes in vegetable oil at 350°F until deep golden brown. Serve warm.