Serves 12, 3 clams per serving
|Little neck clams||36, purged|
|Green bell pepper||2 oz, chopped fine|
|Pimento||1 oz, chopped fine|
|Shallots||1 oz, chopped fine|
|Parsley||¼ cup, chopped fine|
|Lemon juice||1 oz|
- Cover clams with cold water. Add I Tbsp of cornmeal to the water, and allow the clams to purge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove clams from water, and open clams with a clam knife.
- Place clams on a sheet pan or in a shallow baking pan.
- Place butter in the bowl of a mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until soft and smooth.
- Add the green pepper, pimento, shallots, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix until evenly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Casino butter can be rolled in parchment, refrigerated or frozen, and sliced to order.)
- Cook the bacon in the oven or on the griddle until about half cooked. Drain.
- Cut each strip into 4 pieces.
- Place about 2 teaspoon butter mixture on top of each clam.
- Top each clam with a piece of bacon.
- Run the clams under the broiler until the bacon is brown and the clams are hot. Do not overcook.