2-14oz. cans of Artichoke Hearts packed in water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
8 Eggs Beaten
2 Cups Flour
6 Cloves Chopped Garlic
1 Cup Olive oil
Lemon juice from 1 Lemon
½ Cup White wine
1 Stick Butter
- Open can and drain water.
- Cut Artichoke hearts in ½ from top to bottom and place in colander. Let them drain more.
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Add ½ of chopped parsley to beaten eggs.
- Dredge Artichokes in flour.
- Place floured Artichokes in beaten egg mixture.
- On medium heat place sauté pan and heat it up, add olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic to light brown.
- Test oil by drizzling egg mixture into it. The egg should scramble.
- When ready, take Artichokes and place them into sauté pan. Cook until golden brown on each side, turning only once.
- Remove to a sheet pan and place in 200 degree oven.
- Drain ¾ of the oil from sauté pan and return to stove.
- When pan is warm again, add lemon and white wine to de-glaze and reduce. Hold for service.
- When ready for service, place Artichokes on a platter.
- Add whole butter to lemon/wine mixture. Swirl until melted.
- Pour over Artichokes, sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve immediately.