From SCCC's Kitchen
Greek Roasted Potatoes
5 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes
5 cloves of garlic, sliced
Juice of 1 ½ - 2 lemons
½ cup of olive oil
2 tablespoon dry oregano, preferably Greek
1 ½ tablespoon Kosher or sea salt
½ tablespoon black pepper
2 cup chicken stock or water with 1 – 2 bouillon cubes
- Slice potatoes in wedges.
- Add garlic
- Mix oil and lemon juice and add to the potatoes
- Add oregano, salt and peppers and mix with the potatoes.
- Place in casserole baking dish
- Add chicken stock or water to cover the potatoes (not more than ½ way up the sides of the baking dish)
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- If there is too much liquid left after the baking time is completed, set the temperature to 400° and bake for another 10 minutes to evaporate.
Variations: leg of lamb or chicken can be added to the baking process.
Recipe by Evelyn Prodafikas
School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism Schenectady County Community College
See all our past From SCCC's Kitchen recipes in our archive.