Creating a Weekly Schedule
Why Create a Weekly Schedule?
Creating a weekly schedule helps you manage your time effectively. You can assess how much you have to get done and how much time you have to do it. You can feel accomplished knowing that you did what you needed to do!
How to Create a Weekly Schedule
- Open the Weekly Schedule Template (Word doc). Start by adding all of your fixed items. These will be activities that
happen at a set time from week to week.
i.e. ENG 124: M & W at 11 a.m.
Work: T, Th 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- After all fixed activities are on your schedule, you can then add specifics for the
i.e. Math assignment due Tuesday at 1 p.m.
Doctors Appointment Friday at 9 a.m.
- Your schedule will now reveal the times you have available to complete assignments and study for exams. Add these to your schedule based on priority!
Weekly Schedule Tips
- Plan at the beginning of each week
- Use your course syllabi
- Don't overload your schedule
- Review and revise when appropriate