Congratulations Class of 2019!
When and Where
SUNY Schenectady County Community College's 49th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019, at 2 p.m. at Proctors, located in downtown Schenectady.
If you're unable to attend the Commencement Ceremony, Schenectady Access Cable Council | Public Access Television will be live streaming the event. Connect to the live stream starting at 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 23.
Important Links and Information
- Application for Graduation
- Special Accommodations Request: Any graduates or guests attending the ceremony seeking accommodations for accessibility (such as wheelchair seating, interpreter services, etc.) are requested to contact Susanna Adams, Coordinator of ADA Transition Services, by calling 518-381-1345 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Delhi Students: All Delhi students who have met graduation requirements are eligible to attend SUNY Schenectady's Commencement Exercises. Order your Delhi regalia and contact Paula Reardon at firstname.lastname@example.org to acknowledge you are attending and to receive instructions for attending the ceremony.
The following steps are intended to make the process of getting ready for Commencement easy for you:
Candidates wishing to participate in the 2019 Commencement Ceremony must stop by The College Store to complete the Cap and Gown order form. The cap and gown package costs $50 and is payable at the time you place your order. (Orders placed after March 15 will be charged an additional late fee of $15). No orders will be accepted after May 13, 2019.
2. Pick Up Your Graduation Package Between May 6-17 at the College Store
Along with your cap, hood and gown you will receive 4 Graduation announcements and 4 Commencement tickets. Tickets are required for all guests in attendance. Additional announcements and tickets are limited and may be issued on a first come, first serve basis between May 13-17.
3. Attend the Graduation Rehearsal
Rehearsal will take place on Tuesday, May 21 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at Proctors. Directions to Proctors. At the rehearsal, you will be issued a card with your name on it; this is the card you will present at the Commencement Ceremony as you are preparing to cross the stage, so please check for accuracy. If you find an error on your card, please visit the Registrar’s Office in Elston Hall, Room 212 right away.
4. Arrive at Proctors at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 23
Directions to Proctors. Free parking is available in the Broadway Parking Garage at 220 Broadway. Please bring your cap, hood, gown and name card, and line up near the back entrance of Proctors (closest to the Parking Garage). Guests should go directly to the theatre to be seated. The Commencement Ceremony will take place from 2:00-4:00 p.m. There will be a light reception held in the Van Curler Room on campus following the Ceremony; all graduates and guests are invited.
5. Pick Up Your Diploma
Diplomas will be available after June 24 at the Registrar’s Office. You will need a photo ID when picking up your diploma. Any Diplomas not picked up after July 24 will be mailed to the address we have on file.
6. Stay Connected!