I'm not sure I'm in the right program for me!
Selecting a program of study (major) can be a difficult and confusing decision. Maintaining academic motivation may be a struggle for students who are uncertain about their program of study. Please refer to the following resources to help you explore your decision:
- Read the College Catalog for descriptions of the different programs and courses available.
- Use electives as a way to explore possible options.
- Call the Academic Advising Center at 518-381-1277 and leave a message to speak with an Academic Advisor.
- Visit the Opportunity Zone for Career Services in Elston Hall, Room 221-I, and work with career coaches and peer mentors to assist you in moving your ideas to meaningful actions. Call 518-836-2807 or just stop by.
- Call Student Activities at 518-381-1335 to find out about clubs, organizations and other activities available on campus. Focus on those activities that are related to your areas of interest.
- Talk to other students who are majoring in programs you are considering.
- Talk to department deans and faculty members in all areas you are considering.
- Talk to people currently employed in an area in which you are interested.
- Meet with your advisor frequently to discuss your thoughts and ask additional questions.
- Academic Status Change forms may also be obtained from the Registrar’s Office once the decision is made to change a program or add on a secondary program. The student will then go to the Advisement Center to discuss the change and obtain the necessary signature.