The academic advisement staff can answer any questions you may have related to Satisfactory Academic Progress:
- Pursuit of Program
- GPA requirements
- Academic Warning
- Readmission procedures
- Academic Probation
Advisors can also recommend available on-campus support services including Learning Labs and Writing Lab, Math Lab, Computer and Accounting Lab and tutoring services
Some recommended steps to success:
- Attend your classes, arrive on time and come prepared to participate.
- Stay organized, set a schedule and manage your time wisely.
- Take good notes. If you need assistance, visit The Learning Center in Elston Hall, Room 523.
- Take advantage of campus resources including Tutor Services, The Learning Center, Math Lab and Accounting/CIS Lab.
- Don’t procrastinate. Finish work early in case something comes up.
- For every 1 hour of class time allow 2 hours to study and complete assignments.
- Balance your academics with work, family and a social life.
- Get involved with campus activities.
- Register for FYS 100 (First Year Seminar)
For more detailed information see the Student Handbook.