The SUNY Schenectady Foundation Scholarship Program
Important Information About 2019-2020 Scholarships
As part of SUNY Schenectady’s commitment to student access and success, the SUNY Schenectady Foundation offers a scholarship program available only to students currently or soon to be enrolled at SUNY Schenectady. Scholarships are available prospective and current students, awarded based on an online application and essay.
The scholarship application process for the 2019-2020 academic year will open on January 1, 2019.
Visit https://sunysccc.awardspring.com to find the application.
The application deadline is March 30, 2019.
- All scholarship applicants must have completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA at their time of application. More information can be found by visiting the website of our Office of Financial Aid.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to qualify for most scholarships.
- All scholarship applicants must be registered for the Fall 2019 semester by April 30 to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- All scholarship recipients must submit a letter of appreciation to their scholarship donors by June 30, 2019 to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts.
- All scholarship recipients must attend the scholarship ceremony held on Wednesday, August 28 from 8:30 -10:30 a.m. to receive scholarship funds on their student accounts. Please save the date on your calendar and request time off from work.
Get a Head Start on Applying.
In your scholarship application, you will write an essay response to allow the review committee get to know you. If you thoroughly address the points below, you will have the best chance at earning a scholarship.
- What has your journey to SUNY Schenectady been like?
- Have you faced/overcome any obstacles to pursue your education here?
- Have you faced any financial obstacles?
- Describe your goals as a student at SUNY Schenectady.
- How do you plan to use your degree?
- How will a scholarship help you reach those goals?
A thorough essay response will typically be about 500 words. Depending on your answers, you may write more or less than that.
If you have any questions, please contact Samantha Legere at email@example.com.
Our scholarship program for students is a key priority of the SUNY Schenectady Foundation. During the 2017-2018 school year, the Foundation awarded more than $200,000 in scholarships to help almost 200 students complete their degrees. Awards range from $250 to $5,000 and each goes directly toward fees and books on student accounts. Foundation scholarships are especially helpful because they are available ONLY to SUNY Schenectady students.