200 g butter; unsalted (60°; cut into bits)
100 g dark moscavado sugar
240 g pastry flour
3g vanilla bean paste
- Combine the flour and butter; blend on low speed until mixed
- Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla bean paste; combine well (do not overmix)
- Roll out between two half sheets of parchment paper (NO FLOUR, dough should spread to almost the entire size of the parchment) Remove top sheet before baking
- Bake in a 300°F Convection oven for 18-22 minutes +/- approximately 90% of the way
- Remove from the oven, use a small diamond, fluted circle or square shaped cookie cutter and punch out into shapes (the cookies do not need to be moved or separated)
- Return to the oven to finish baking
- Cool and serve in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Recipe by the School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism, Schenectady County Community College.