5 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes
5 cloves of garlic, sliced
Juice of 1 ½ - 2 lemons
½ cup of olive oil
2 tablespoon dry oregano, preferably Greek
1 ½ tablespoon Kosher or sea salt
½ tablespoon black pepper
2 cup chicken stock or water with 1 – 2 bouillon cubes
- Slice potatoes in wedges.
- Add garlic
- Mix oil and lemon juice and add to the potatoes
- Add oregano, salt and peppers and mix with the potatoes.
- Place in casserole baking dish
- Add chicken stock or water to cover the potatoes (not more than ½ way up the sides of the baking dish)
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- If there is too much liquid left after the baking time is completed, set the temperature to 400° and bake for another 10 minutes to evaporate.
Variations: leg of lamb or chicken can be added to the baking process.
Recipe by Evelyn Prodafikas
School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism Schenectady County Community College