The Craft Spirit Distillation A.A.S. Program prepares students for
direct employment in the craft beverage industry. Students gain
theoretical and hands-on experience related to craft spirit distillation,
qualifying them to assume a variety of roles in the craft beverage
Goal I: Develop competencies required in the craft beverage industry.
- Apply common terminology used in the industry
- Apply the steps/processes of each area of a beverage
production facility including manufacturing,
warehousing, marketing and sales
- Demonstrate ability to utilize industry processes and
equipment for production
- Demonstrate the understanding of historical and
emerging industry trends
Goal II: Utilize technology to develop effective communication and
professional presentation skills.
- Develop effective written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to operate beverage production
- Identify various sales and marketing plans utilized in
the beverage industry
Goal III: Explore options for further education and/or employment.
- Identify various continuing education opportunities
- Research career opportunities through an internship
- Create personal and professional goals and link to