The Science Associate of Science degree program provides graduates the basic understanding of the concepts of science and prepares them to transfer to a baccalaureate program in science or allied health.
The program also offers a Biology Concentration for interested students.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental science concepts and principles.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the scientific method to develop and test a hypothesis
- Explain physical phenomena using scientific concepts and principles
- Analyze and solve quantitative problems in science using mathematical reasoning and representation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of and cultural influences on science
Goal II: Demonstrate an understanding of the methods of research and analysis.
- Perform laboratory experiments following a written protocol
- Utilize appropriate scientific instruments and technology to make accurate measurements and to collect data
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills.
- Maintain appropriate laboratory and technical documentation
- Write a laboratory report that accurately represent experimental outcomes and utilizes appropriate literature resources and citations
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations of scientific and technical information and experimental results