The mission of the Computer Science A.S. program is to provide a rigorous and comprehensive foundation in computer science as well as a solid liberal arts curriculum, in accordance with the principles of SUNY Schenectady County Community College’s mission. The computer science curriculum is designed primarily for the student who anticipates transfer to a four-year institution to complete a baccalaureate in computer science or software engineering.
Goal I: Program effectively in an object-oriented language
Goal II: Demonstrate effective teamwork skills
- Objective 1: Perform a software requirements analysis.
- Objective 2: Design a solution employing effective
- Objective 3: Implement and test software.
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills
- Objective 1: Employ teamwork skills to solve a programming problem.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate the capacity to interact and
collaborate with others effectively.
- Objective 3: Demonstrate the ability to make a significant
contribution to a software development team.
- Objective 1: Develop a written analysis of a computer-based problem.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate a finished software project.