Computer Information Systems A.A.S.
The Computer Information Systems A.A.S. prepares students for computer information systems careers in a business environment. Students learn computer-related skills including programming, web design, networking technology, and database design.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate the knowledge to support the delivery and management of information systems.
- Apply software applications to solve problems
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize emerging information systems technologies and practices
- Understand the legal, ethical, societal, and global issues associated with information systems
Goal II: Demonstrate the ability to produce appropriate information systems to address client needs.
- Identify the information systems requirements appropriate to a computing problem solution
- Design information systems that satisfy user requirements
- Implement information systems that satisfy user requirements
- Evaluate information systems that satisfy user requirements
- Utilize mathematical reasoning to solve problems
Goal III: Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills.
- Effectively communicate in teams to accomplish a common goal
- Effectively communicate project requirements and progress with all stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver an oral presentation of an information system project
- Develop a written plan to address an information system problem