The Computer Information Systems A.A.S. prepares students for
computer information systems careers in a business environment.
Students learn computer-related skills including programming, web
design, networking technology, and database design. The program
prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate the knowledge to support the delivery and
management of information systems.
- Apply software applications to solve problems
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize emerging
information systems technologies and practices
- Understand the legal, ethical, societal, and global
issues associated with information systems
Goal II: Demonstrate the ability to produce appropriate information
systems to address client needs.
- Identify the information systems requirements
appropriate to a computing problem solution
- Design information systems that satisfy user
- Implement information systems that satisfy user
- Evaluate information systems that satisfy user
- Utilize mathematical reasoning to solve problems
Goal III: Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills.
- Effectively communicate in teams to accomplish a
- Effectively communicate project requirements and
progress with all stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver an oral presentation of an information
- Develop a written plan to address an information