1:1 Tutor Services
Tutor Services Offers the Following
- One-on-One weekly tutoring sessions in many courses using Upswing, a scheduling software, for both in-person and online tutoring
- Free tutoring to all registered students, whether full or part-time, day or evening students
- Peer (student) tutors who are faculty approved and trained by the Academic Services staff
- Professional Tutors, individuals who have completed their course of study and are considered experts in their respective fields
- Computers for sessions involving online classes or assignments
Note: students seeking walk-in tutoring without prior appointment can visit the Learning Center, Math Lab, or the Accounting & CIS Labs.
Information for how to sign up for tutoring can be found below or downloaded here (PDF), and is available in Tutor Service, Elston Hall, Room 522.
Welcome to SUNY Schenectady's Tutor Scheduling Software!
Welcome to Upswing!
SUNY Schenectady’s new software to find a one-to-one tutor.
Please note: You are allowed one hour per week, per course, for up to 3 courses.
Set up a session in just a few easy steps:
- Go to: https://sunysccc.upswing.io
- Log in with your MYSCCC login information (Your portal information)
- Click on “Meet with a Tutor”
- Search the course you want a tutor for (ex: MAT 085 or College Algebra, etc.)
- Click on a tutor's name *Select an UPSWING tutor for online-only (virtual) tutoring
- Find a date/time that works for you and click “Select a Time” and verify information:
Select a Date, Time, Duration (Select 60 minutes)
Note Location: In-person tutors will meet in Elston Hall, Room 522, Elston Hall, Room 330, or the Music Building; “Virtual Learning” is online tutoring
- Click "Schedule" *In person appointments should be made with 72 hours notice
- The tutor will receive the request and will respond with an “accept” or “decline.” You will receive a confirmation email (sent to your SUNY Schenectady email address).
- Once the session is confirmed, simply attend the session (in-person or online) during the scheduled date/time.
- Don’t forget to prep for your session! Have questions, your text book, notes, or the assignment you need assistance with ready to go.
- If you want to receive text alerts and reminders about your appointments, be sure to update your "Text Notifications" in your account settings!
- To make reoccurring weekly appointments, repeat steps 4-7 for each week you'd like to meet with a tutor. Book early to ensure your spot.
- Watch these helpful “How To” videos for more assistance with making appointments, how to access an online session, and what a virtual session with an online tutor looks like!
* Once you have scheduled on online/virtual Upswing session, visit your "Upcoming Sessions" section located in the "Tutoring" sidebar and click on the green "Go To Room" button to attend the session.
Please contact Tutor Services with any questions or problems:
Elston Hall, Room 522
Please note that by using the Upswing system you are agreeing to the terms found here:
1:1 Tutoring Contract (PDF)