All Learning Labs will be closed to walk-in student traffic until further notice. Please sign into Upswing to set-up a virtual tutoring session with one of our tutors and check back for any updates regarding in-person lab use.
For online tutor options, please visit the Tutor Services page for directions on using Upswing.
The Math Lab Offers the Following Services
- Walk-in tutoring available for all math courses
- Professional and peer tutors
- Help with understanding math concepts
- Practice math skills and receive tips for success
- Calculators available during tutor sessions
- Resource/textbook library and helpful handouts
- 6 Computers for student use with Maple software available
Important Things to Know
- Use the Tutor Availability link above to see when a tutor is available for the course(s) you’re taking
- When you arrive, be sure to sign-in on the computer by the doorway and let someone know if you’d like to meet with a tutor
- The Math Lab is a walk-in lab and students do not need to make an appointment to use the space or meet with a tutor
- The tutors will work with students on a first-come, first-served basis, but do their best to multi-task
- Students should bring their textbook(s), assignment, and/or class notes with them
- Tutors will practice concepts to help you complete assignments, but are unable to complete assignments for you or help with take-home exams directly
Note: Students requiring additional long-term, regular support should sign-up with Tutor Services for weekly tutoring in a course.