Fall 2019 Hours
September 9 - December 20, 2019
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The Learning Center/Writing Lab Offers the Following Services
- Professional and peer tutors
- Walk-in writing consultations; help with understanding the assignment, planning, drafting, research, and guidance with editing strategies
- Walk-in tutoring for courses such as: Literature, Psychology, & Science
- Research paper assistance, including MLA and APA citations/works cited
- Presentation help, practice, and feedback
- Kurzweil Reading Software
- Reading strategies for articles and textbooks
- College Skills tips & Support (time management; overcoming test anxiety; study skills, note-taking, resume writing, etc.)
- Resource library and helpful handouts
- Study area with 20 computers, 2 printers and 2 Scanners (flatbed & document)
Important Things to Know
- Use the Tutor Availability link above to see when a tutor is available for the course(s) you’re taking
- When you arrive, be sure to sign-in on the computer by the doorway and let someone know if you’d like to meet with a tutor
- The Learning Center/Writing Lab is a walk-in lab and students do not need to make an appointment to use the space or meet with a tutor
- The Learning Center tutors will work with students on a first-come, first-served basis, but do their best to multi-task
- Students should bring their textbook(s), assignment, and/or class notes with them
- Tutors will practice concepts to help you complete assignments, but are unable to complete assignments for you or help with take-home exams directly
- The Learning Center/Writing Lab does not proofread or line edit papers for students, nor does it grade assignments or discuss grades
Note: Students requiring additional long-term, regular support should sign-up with Tutor Services for weekly tutoring in a course.