What is Liberty Partnerships Program?
SUNY Schenectady County Community College’s Liberty Partnerships Program (SCCC-LPP) is a drop-out prevention program for at-risk students in grades 6th-12th attending Schenectady City schools. Funded by the New York State Department of Education, supports are designed to improve students’ ability to graduate from high school and enter postsecondary education or the workforce.
We partner with community-based organizations, local businesses, and the Schenectady City School District to enhance students’ access to community resources, develop professional networks, and foster leadership and civic engagement.
Who is Eligible?
6th-12th grade student enrolled at Schenectady High School, Mont Pleasant Middle School and Central Park Middle School
Identified as at-risk for one or more of the following reasons:
- Unsatisfactory academic performance
- Inconsistent school attendance or truancy
- History of behavior/discipline problems at school
- History of family/peers dropping out
- Negative change in family circumstances
- History of child abuse or neglect
- Homelessness; residence in a shelter or foster care
- History of substance abuse
- Limited English proficiency
- Teenage pregnancy and/or parenting
- Negative peer pressure, and/or
- Other documented factor(s)
LPP offers school day and after school services and supports including:
- Assessments & Personal Learning Planning
- Academic Assistance Including Tutoring with Certified Teachers
- Counseling and Case-Management
- Leadership Development
- Employment Preparation – Students get PAID to learn!
- Career Exploration – Faculty Lectures, Guest Speakers, and Field Trips
- College Readiness – College Tours and Workshops
- Parent Engagement – Parent and Child Outings, Workshops, Support and Referrals and Home Visits
- Enrichment and Cultural Activities
- Sports and Wellness
For more information or to learn about volunteering/mentoring opportunities, please call 518-381-1364.
Click here to apply to LPP today!