Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

CHS How to Register

Fall 2021 Registration is now closed.

How to Register for a SUNY Schenectady College in the High School Course

Step 1

Students may register for all CHS classes at once. No need to submit multiple registration forms. Once registration is completed, students will be billed for the cost of their CHS course at a rate of $64 per credit. This is 1/3 the cost of SUNY Schenectady County Community College tuition. Bills will be sent to the student’s address that is on file with instructions on how to pay.

All students should register at the link below. When possible, please register for all classes at the same time. View registration instructions.

Register for CHS Classes

This registration is for Fall Only or Full Year CHS classes. Check for classes available at your high school. 

Step 2

Tuition Information
  • Students will be charged a rate of $64 a credit once registration is complete. Bill will be sent home.
  • Invoices will be mailed home with payment instructions. Payment is due October 29, 2021.
  • Tuition Assistance:
    • Free/Reduced Lunch Waiver: SUNY Schenectady’s Board of Trustees has approved to waive tuition for all students who qualify for Free/Reduced lunch. Complete the Free/Reduced Lunch Waiver form and return to your instructor for approval signature.
    • Scholarship Request: Additional scholarship funds are available for students who do not qualify for Free/Reduced lunch but demonstrate financial hardships. Please complete the Scholarship Request form and mail directly to address shown.

All forms are due no later than October 11, 2021. You must be registered for a course prior to submitting your form. No late applications will be accepted.

Step 3

Obtain a Certificate of Residence if you are not a Schenectady County resident.

  • All non-Schenectady County residents need to submit a Certificate of Residence. by October 11, 2021.
  • Please remind your students to follow instructions in the parent letters for obtaining a Certificate of Residence, unless your school has a system arranged with your County Treasurer or local County Clerk office.

College in the High School logo