The Emergency Management Associate of Applied Science degree prepares
students for careers or transfer into a bachelor degree program related
to Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Organizational Communication,
Political Science, or Public Administration. This degree provides introductory
level instruction in the organizational and institutional aspects of Emergency
The following are Emergency Management program goals and objectives:
Goal 1: Demonstrate a proficiency in workforce skills.
- Objective 1: Communicate within professional and academic environments, both orally and in writing, using the appropriate English conventions
- Objective 2: Identify and utilize appropriate technologies and software
- Objective 3: Locate and evaluate information from a variety of print and electronic resources
- Objective 4: Analyze and present scientific data in a variety of formats
Goal 2: Determine the organizational and institutional aspects of emergency management.
- Objective 1: Identify the roles of first responder, public sector, and private sector emergency management stakeholders
- Objective 2: Identify critical infrastructure categories and risks
Goal 3: Define all-hazard threats.
- Objective 1: Apply standards of best practices in critical analysis of emergency management policies
- Objective 2: Analyze emerging trends in emergency management