The Business Administration A.S. program prepares students for
transfer in business administration at a baccalaureate degree-granting
institution. Students complete a solid core of general education
courses to facilitate transfer.
Students interested in the Business Administration A.S. can also apply for the Walt Disney Program.
The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving through
liberal arts courses from the SUNY General Education Course list.
- Write a variety of texts using Formal Standard English
- Formulate, analyze and evaluate arguments
- Apply information literacy skills to locate, select,
evaluate and use information in an ethical manner
from a variety of sources
- Identify the methods natural scientists and social
scientists use to explore natural and social phenomena
- Use mathematical reasoning
Goal II: Demonstrate a commitment to business ethics.
- Identify the framework and concepts of legal and
ethical business practice
- Examine ethical issues as they pertain to the
Goal III: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental business
- Analyze the theories and structures of economic
markets and the framework of the national economy
- Identify the essential elements of planning and
analyze their impact on producing outcomes
- Analyze business transactions and identify basic
- Identify and utilize appropriate technologies and
- Define the fundamentals of entrepreneurship in
terms of mission, structure, profitability and
- Identify various cultural perspectives as they apply
to business applications
- Examine the effects of the global market on the