Campus Safety and Security Mission and Vision
The Mission of the SUNY Schenectady Campus Safety Department is to enhance the quality of life at SUNY Schenectady by providing a safe and secure environment that is conducive to learning, and is consistent with the educational goals of this diverse institution, while building community partnerships that foster trust, mutual respect, and cooperation.
The Vision Statement for the Campus Safety Department contains the Departmental Values that we insist upon:
- Professionalism – We will always be aware of our image and role within the institution. We will use our skills, training, and knowledge to serve our community.
- Integrity – We will hold ourselves to the highest standard of truth. Our word is based on our bond and our behavior is above reproach.
- Communication – We will always listen to the needs and the concerns of our community and follow through to make sure those needs and concerns are addressed.
- Service – We will respond immediately to all calls for service, both routine and emergency in nature.
- Respect – We will treat everyone we encounter with respect, dignity and fair and equal treatment.
- Loyalty – We will always remain loyal to those we serve: the entire SUNY Schenectady Community.
- Duty – We will do our duty to the best of our ability. The welfare and safety of our students and community members is our top priority. Crime prevention and safety corrections are at the forefront of our daily activities.