Frequently Asked Questions
The SCCC campus is in downtown Schenectady adjacent to the Stockade District. See our Campus Visit page for travel directions and information on scheduling your visit to the SCCC campus!
We strongly encourage you to apply to Schenectady County Community College, a leading student learning institution. As an open enrollment College, to be accepted into our degree programs you must be a high school graduate or holder of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). You will need an official copy of your transcript or a GED score report in order to complete your application. Fill out our free admissions application form on our website, or fill out our Response Form and we will send you an application by mail.
Visit our Registration and Course Schedules page for the most recent course schedules and course descriptions.
New students will be notified of their registration date when they are accepted to SCCC.
See our Registration and Course Schedules page for the latest SCCC schedules.
SCCC awards more than $9,600,000 annually in federal and state aid and scholarships. More than 70% of our students receive some form of support. For more information, see our Financial Aid page.
Please see our tuition and fees schedule that details costs for both full-time and part-time students (New York state residents and out-of-state residents). Book expenses are our best estimates of the average for SCCC students. Please be aware that some programs also require lab fees.
Our "book store" is called the College Store and is located in Elston Hall, above the Cafeteria (telephone: 518-377-1606). If you take the elevator, get off at Floor 1. See our College Store page for our hours of operation and information on purchasing SCCC items.
Our academic advisors will work one-on-one with you to make sure your academic program is consistent with your academic and career goals. For more information, see our Student Life & Services pages.
Total enrollment is approximately 5100 students – about 80% are on-campus full-time and part-time students, while the other 20% are high school students earning college credit. In May 2009 we awarded 483 degrees and certificates at our commencement. For details on the SCCC student population and graduates, please see the SCCC Data Book.
We are proud that our classes are small. The average class size at SCCC is 22 students.
To obtain a transcript of your SCCC course work, you must submit a signed, written request to SCCC Academic Services. For specific details, see our see our How to Obtain a Transcript page.
For the latest SCCC news and events, visit our Calendar of Events page.
Visit our Casola Dining Room Reservations page for information.
Schenectady County Community College
78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12305
Main Telephone: (518) 381-1200
Admissions: (518) 381-1366
Donations are gratefully received by the SCCC Foundation to benefit the students
and programs of the College.
Click on Donation Form, Ways to Give, SCCC Keystone Society, or About the SCCC Foundation for more information.
Read All About It!
Interested in possibly applying to SCCC? See our Viewbook. Want to know more about academics and being a student? Try our Catalog. These publications and more are on our Publications Page.