Spaghetti - 1 lb.
Extra-virgin olive oil - 3 Tbsp.
Pancetta - 4 oz.
Eggs - 3
Parmigiano cheese - 1 cup
Black pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti in lightly salted boiling water.
- Meanwhile in a skillet, heat the oil and cook the pancetta. When it is well browned remove the pan from the heat.
- Season the eggs about 2-3 Tbsp. Of the cheese, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, al dente, remove it from the water and put it in the pan with the pancetta, heat on a LOW flame, and add the egg mixture.
- Mix well. If sauce is too thick add some of the hot pasta cooking water.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining cheese, mix again, serve hot.
Thomas P. Alicandro, Instructor
School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism
Schenectady County Community College