- Cut onions in half then slice about ¼ inch think.
- In a large sauté pan melt butter and add in sliced onions. Cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown
- While onions are cooking mince garlic.
- Once onion become golden brown and delicious add in the minced garlic and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Set onions aside to cool until room temperature.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, celery salt, and Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the onions now that they have cooled and fold in the mixture from step 6.
- Slice the bunch of chives and fold some into the dip and use some for the garnish.
- Put your feet up and enjoy the game.
Michael J. Stamets, Instructor
School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism,
Schenectady County Community College