Mahi Mahi, Tilapia, or Cod
1 cup all-purpose flour
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Lettuce, black olives, peppers, onion, tomato, cheese, sour cream and other toppings you like
Quesadilla shells (for soft tacos) or crunchy taco shells
- Fill a medium sized pot to about an inch in depth with vegetable or canola oil and turn heat on medium high.
- Put flour in a mixing bowl with seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder) to taste.
- Cube the fish into bite sized pieces and toss them in the seasoned flour. Shake excess flour off fish and add them to the heated oil slowly so you do not splatter.
- Once the flour has browned (usually 2-3 minutes) remove the fish with tongs or a skimmer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the fried fish as the base on the hard or soft shell and top with whatever toppings you like. For the soft shells you can roll it for more of a wrap or simply fold in half and enjoy!
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons small-diced pepperoncini
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir/mix with a rubber spatula or spoon. Chill and serve.
Recipe by Jay Larkin
School of Hotel, Culinary Arts and Tourism, Schenectady County Community College