The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program, also known as CSTEP, is an academic enrichment and professional development program. Students in CSTEP are scholars who are focused and committed to reaching their professional goals. CSTEP Scholars are pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, health or licensed professions. CSTEP is nationally recognized by the United States Department of Education Office of Vocational and Adult Education as one of the nation’s top eight programs.
From a pre-freshmen summer bridge program, to conducting scientific research at national laboratories, to participating in local internships and presenting at conferences CSTEP scholars become strong and highly competitive individuals.
The mission statement of CSTEP are to support historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged groups from New York State who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, engineering, technology, and health-related STEM fields. CSTEP provides professional development opportunities and many types of support services to participants, allowing for greater academic success.
Resources available to CSTEP scholars include:
- Peer and professional tutoring
- Individualized advisement sessions
- Campus visits
- Mini review sessions in Math and Science
- Open Bio Lab review sessions
- Financial support for internship and research opportunities, and other financial assistance
- Assistance with securing externships/job shadowing, internships, and research opportunities