The Mathematics and Science A.S. transfer program prepares graduates to transfer to baccalaureate programs in mathematics, one of the physical sciences, engineering, or related disciplines by providing students with a solid foundation in both mathematics and science. The program prepares graduates to:
Goal I: Demonstrate logical and critical reasoning skills.
- Objective 1: Apply inductive or deductive reasoning to solve problems
- Objective 2: Analyze phenomena using appropriate
- Objective 3: Formulate, analyze and evaluate hypotheses
Goal II: Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental mathematical and scientific principles.
- Objective 1: Use scientific principles to explain phenomena
- Objective 2: Use mathematical principles to devise and prove solutions to practical and theoretical problems
- Objective 3: Extrapolate mathematical or scientific principles for the solution of problems
- Objective 4: Indentify how history and culture have influenced mathematical and scientific advances
Goal III: Demonstrate effective oral and written communications.
- Objective 1: Organize and maintain clear, concise and accurate laboratory reports and notebooks
- Objective 2: Select and use appropriate mathematical or
scientific language in oral and written
communications with appropriate citations
- Objective 3: Apply ethical principles and professional
standards to guide mathematical or scientific