The mission of the Health Studies certificate is to provide a foundation of academic prerequisites for students seeking admission to an Associate’s degree in an allied health care program. The curriculum provides a foundation essential for transfer into a variety of academic majors, such as nursing, dental hygiene, and radiologic technology.
The Health Studies Certificate program will enable graduates to develop:
- An understanding of the basic principles of the anatomy and physiology of the human body;
- The ability to recognize and comprehend the basic principles of microbiology;
- The ability to explain the role of nutrition in health maintenance;
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of allied health care personnel, and
- Fundamental problem solving skills.