The role of this certification is to help individuals acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the purpose of a community health worker. Community health workers serve a variety of functions including advocacy, basic clinical skills, and education, and they improve healthcare outcomes because they help patients access services that they might not otherwise access.
The certificate prepares graduates to:
Goal# 1: Demonstrate professional skills and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of the community healthcare delivery
Apply skills required to effectively facilitate and manage
- Apply best practices methods for healthcare literacy, and
Goal #2: Demonstrate professional communication skills
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form within
professional healthcare environments.
Goal #3: Identify and apply cultural competencies
- Identify cultural barriers that impede access to quality healthcare;
- Apply appropriate strategies in working with culturally diverse